“Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
– Abraham Lincoln
Life has taught us that the ability to make other people happy is the highest expression of success. The challenge in achieving this level of success comes when you are not happy. Here are five changes you can make that will bring you happiness in your life:
1. Set the bar high EVERY day. Start each day with a positive outlook on what YOU can expect to happen throughout the day. Every day can live up to or down to your expectations. It’s your call.
2. Create a “To Do” and a “Not Today” List. Does it seems like your “to do” list gets longer and the hours to complete them get shorter? Take the time to prioritize your tasks and tackle them one at a time. You will be surprised at how much more you get done when you take steps to be more efficient.
3. Assume people have good intentions. Don’t waste your emotional energy trying to figure out “why” a person is acting the way they are. Simply assume that the person has good intentions, and you’ll be better off for it!
4. Focus on the job at hand. Many times worry and stress come from focusing on the “what if’s” of a task that is out of your control once you have done your job. If you have done your very best, it’s time to push the worries to the side and move on.
5. End each day with gratitude. At the end of each day, take a moment and think about the “successes” that you enjoyed throughout the day. Whether it is as simple as the “thank you” that you extended to a store clerk or something as victorious as closing the deal on a job that seemed unattainable. However you define success, remember that EVERY day is a unique gift.