- Your Full Name – Your first and last name must be included and you can also include titles if appropriate. A scanned image of your full signature may look good but isn’t something that we recommend. It does not appear on some mail services and can create a security risk if used by a third party.
- Your Phone Number with Area Code – Make a return “voice to voice” response easy. Limit your phone numbers to a mobile and business line. If you do business outside of the United States, be sure to include the international area code.
- Your Email and Business Address – You should always include your email address, as well as include your business mailing address
- Your Website Address – You web address is important for those receiving an email from you that might need more information. To be effective make sure that this address is a live link to your website.
- Your Social Media Channels – If you are in a specific industry that has social media channels that apply to what you do, it is wise to link to those social channels that showcase your expertise. Use this link wisely.
- Your Logo – A company logo can be a great thing for an email communication. You must make sure that the image used is the correct file format and size to load quickly and be aware that some browsers may not be able to display the image.
The most important thing to remember is that the elements included in your email signature should be helpful to the receiver rather than distract from the message.